Parenting doesn't stop. Neither do we.
During the pandemic, EPIC has not stopped- we've just shifted. Our number one goal has always and will always be supporting our families, even if that looks different in the face of coronavirus. Here's what we've put in place for our families during lockdown:
- Our Family Support Line , offering parents an outlet during the pandemic
- A Parent Support Group, open to all parents via Zoom
- Parenting on Pause, providing brief outlets and tips for parents to care for themselves too
- A weekly newsletter full of parenting tips, family engagement ideas and homeschool help
- EPIC Academy, covering a multitude of subjects and providing videos and homeschool help for kids
- Covid Conversations, where we consult with local experts on the best ways to support your children during the pandemic
- A Public Service page on our website that covers housing, utility, legal, and financial services
- Health Resources ranging from local to national, as well as ideas on keeping your family healthy
- Employment Resources for those both unemployed and working from home
- An updated YouTube channel featuring stay-at-home ideas- art projects, science experiments, storytime, exercises and everything in between
- Virtual editions of programs like Families in Transition, Incredible Years, Car Seat Safety and Ready, Set, Read!
Our first priority is the safety of you and your family. The Coronavirus Hotline is 1-888-364-3065, and remember if you or anyone in your household experiences shortness of breath, cough and fever of 100+:
- Call your healthcare provider and explain your symptoms
- Avoid contact with others
- STAY HOME.
Mental health is just as important as physical health. May is Mental Health Awareness Month, so the CDC is offering these tips for how to manage stress and mental health during such a trying time.
Basic Coronavirus Resources:
Your donations make it possible for us to continuously add new resources for our families during the pandemic. Thank you for your support!