EPIC – Every Person Influences Children is a non-profit agency that provides parenting, youth services, family engagement and professional development to families, schools and communities to help them raise children to be responsible and successful adults.
Currently Hiring For Two Roles: Executive Assistant and Facilitator
1. Executive Assistant
We are looking for a full-time (40 hours) Executive Assistant to provide support to our Executive Director (ED) in a variety of capacities. Duties for this position include:
- assisting ED with day to day projects
- managing office operations including ordering supplies, setting up and managing security access cards, setting up equipment for new staff members, managing the phone system, updating the HR system with trainings and PD opportunities
- board related administrative tasks, including board minutes
- manage relationships and other information in Salesforce database system
- assisting with grant and contract applications and administrative oversight
- other project based work
EPIC offers competitive wages and benefits, in addition to a fun, family-friendly atmosphere. If you want to work hard, be a part of team that feels like family, and make a positive impact on our community, this might be a good fit for you. This is a high-energy position that requires a strong work ethic, self-direction; multi-task abilities; attention to detail and customer service skills. Must also be confident, flexible and a problem solver. This is not a virtual position, must be able to work onsite, and have reliable transportation.
- a college degree and two years’ experience in a related administrative position or five years’ experience in a related administrative position
- excellent communication and organizational skills
- Microsoft Office, virtual meeting and conference platforms, and computer experience
- experience writing board meeting minutes and/or working administratively with boards and committees
- basic knowledge of grants and contracts
- donor database and/or Salesforce experience
- Notary Public
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) and diverse applicants encouraged to apply.
EPIC workshops and trainings support the organization’s mission by involving the entire community in helping children make responsible decisions, understand and respect authority, develop positive self-esteems, plan for the future, and succeed in life. EPIC facilitators help us carry out our mission.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Human Services, Education, or related field
- Ability to disseminate and deliver EPIC programming
- Accurately complete EPIC paperwork
- Desire to facilitate EPIC parenting Workshops
- Good communication skills
- Competent knowledge and experience with Virtual Facilitation Platforms. (Zoom, Teams, Webex, Google meets, other)
- Non-judgmental and sensitive to participants
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Ability to carry out duties as described below
- Degree in Human Services, Education, or related field
- Attend EPIC’s Dynamic Group Facilitation Training
- Conduct parent workshops using approved EPIC workshop materials
- Follow facilitator agenda and time frames for each workshop
- Make a commitment of time to prepare, facilitate and follow up for workshops
- Pick up EPIC program materials prior to the start of the workshop and return materials, supplies and forms in timely manner
- Keep accurate attendance and collect parent evaluation forms each workshop
- Complete the workshop facilitator evaluation form at the conclusion of the workshop
- Immediately following workshop series return EPIC materials and manuals
- Complete EPIC electronic timesheet and approve submitted hours for all work performed
- Demonstrate ability to remain non-judgmental and neutral at all times
- Manage challenging situations using suggested techniques
- Share facilitating responsibilities with a co-facilitator if needed
- Commit to have availability to provide EPIC programs on as needed basis
- Maintain contact with EPIC Facilitator Coordinator for information, guidance and feedback, including communicate, return phone calls and email messages
- Communicate your availability and any changes to the Facilitator Coordinator
- Attend facilitator training, meetings and orientation as requested
This is a casual (as needed) position, and the number of hours a facilitator is schedule for is determined by funding and workshop schedules. The Facilitator will report to the Facilitator Coordinator and maintain contact for information, guidance, and feedback. Qualified applicants with flexibility, day, evening and /or weekend availability, and multi-lingual and diverse candidates encouraged to apply.
If you believe in EPIC’s mission, have the above qualifications and are interested in either of the above positions, please send a cover letter with your resume to [email protected]. We are excited to know why you want to work with us so please include a cover letter. Submissions without one will not be considered.
EPIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please!