How You Can Help
Help is available. Whether you need resources or are able to provide them, the below list is for you.
1. Physical Health Resources
- Resource Council of WNY is distributing food and donated goods from 9am - 9pm. To volunteer, contact [email protected]
- Buffalo Community Fridge & Rooted in Love Community Fridge are distributing and accepting donations, 257 & 357 E. Ferry
- Buff State has a community fridge at 45 Jewett. Follow @buffcollovefridge for more
- FeedMore WNYis distributing and accepting donations
- Feed Buffalo is continuing to update distribution and volunteer sites
- Unapologetic Coffee is collecting food donations
- Buffalo Barkery is collecting pet food items. You can drop off or ship at 47 Allen St.
- The NFTA is collecting food items at 181 Ellicott St
- Yogis in Service is offering yoga classes for trauma and healing
- WNY Postpartum Collection is doing a diaper, wipe and cream drive through May 27. Contact them at 716-539-4400 to arrange pick up.
Personal Hygiene Items
- Black Monarchy is collecting these items at 527 W. Utica St., Tuesdays through Saturdays from 11-6.
2. Mental Health Resources
- EPIC is offering “Helping Your Child to Cope” and “Dealing with Crisis and Trauma” free online to anyone who needs it, as well as in person at the Jefferson Library.
- Join the webinar offered by the NYS Office of Mental Health, Addressing Community Grief and Trauma: click here to join live on Wednesday May 18 at 10am
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network https://www.nctsn.org/
- Grief counseling at Jefferson Library 12-6p daily
- Mental Health Advocates, 716-886-1242
- Buffalo Urban League Project Hope, 716-250-2400
- OLV offering free counseling, 716-828-9651
- Crisis Services, 716-834-3131
- ECMC Help Center, 716-898-1594
- Click here for a calming meditation from SANYS
- Meet the Helpers: resources from PBS for kids
3. Transportation Resources
- Shuttle service to Tops on Elmwood, 10-7 daily. Pickup at Jefferson & Riley
- Lyft offering up to $25 in free grocery transportation for 14208 & 14209, use code BuffaloLyftUp
- Uber offering up to $20 in free grocery transportation for 14208 & 14209, use code SHOPBUF
- Individual Rides, Hearts and Hands: Faith in Action, Inc. at (716) 406-8311 ext. 103
- GoBike is hosting bicycle repair on Saturday, May 21 at William Gaiter Parkway and East Delevan from 10am - 1pm
4. Housing and Safety Resources
- Families of the victims may receive 3 months of rent and utility assistance as well as food gift cards. (716) 882-7661 or [email protected], [email protected].
- Border Community SERVICE and BPD offers free Active Shooter Drill presentations. Contact Dana Estrada, [email protected] or 716-851-4299
5. More Ways To Help
- https://donate-usa.keela.co/mental-health-and-food-support - through Black Love Resides in the Rust and the African Heritage Co-Op
- https://linktr.ee/coloredgirlsbiketoo - to seek or offer support, to be a delivery person for groceries and donations, or to host a food gathering pop up
- If the work of any of the above agencies moves you, please consider continuing to support them. They will continue to need physical and monetary donations, as well as volunteers and voices, to sustain the level of work they do that is so needed by our entire community.