FREE Preview of EPIC Program
EPIC – Every Person Influences Children is pleased to announce and invite middle school and high school educators and faculty and community agency staff to a FREE preview of its “Internet and Social Media Safety” program. Through funding from the TEGNA Foundation, EPIC will offer this complimentary preview of its latest program on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 from 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM at EPIC, located at 1000 Main St. Buffalo, NY.
For over a year, EPIC has been providing this 60-90-minute workshop (to include questions and answers), tailoring it to parents, or students, or both at various schools and community centers throughout Western New York. It also serves as a great Professional Development program for career enhancement. A few of the goals of EPIC’s “Internet and Social Media Safety” program is to:
- Improve understanding of general online rules, overview and social media safety
- Increase parental confidence that they are acting to protect the child from harm
- Increase skill in identifying and reporting concerns to appropriate authorities
- Improve understanding of where to find other resources available from ISPs, law enforcement and other sources
- Improve parents’ ability to talk to their child about online expectations and techniques for monitoring their child’s digital spaces
- Improve a child’s ability to use the Internet effectively, how to talk to their friends about privacy and what you need to know to be safe
Because Internet and Social Media Safety is such an important issue among parents and educators, EPIC is offering this complimentary preview with the hopes that EPIC, schools and community agencies can work together in the future, sharing this information with families and protecting our children.
To attend, EPIC asks that you please register in advance. You may register online at www.epicforchildren.org (under workshops) or call 716-332-4124.