FREE Parenting Classes
February 22, 2018, Buffalo – EPIC – Every Person Influences Children recently received a grant from Peter C. Cornell Trust, through the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo, to provide free parenting classes throughout 2018. EPIC features intensive parenting programs with a highly effective delivery model that is complemented with supportive services. The sessions are interactive, engaging and led by a trained and certified facilitator. Groups are no larger than 20 people. Group discussions, which are confidential, focus on a variety of topics such as:
- Balancing Work and Family Life
- Brain Development and Learning Styles
- Character, Conscience, and Values
- Communicating with Teachers
- Coping with Daily Stress & Frustrations
- Developing Respect and Caring in Young Children
- Encouraging Emotional Growth
- Fostering Self-esteem
- Helping Your Child Succeed in School
- Helping Your Child to Cope
- Knowing Yourself as a Parent
- Learning through Play
- Listening and Responding to Children
- Parenting Styles and Decision Making
- Preventing and Managing Problem Behavior
- Promoting Literacy in Your Child
- Resolving Conflicts
- Building Independence
- Structure and Limits
- Tuning in to Your Child
- Using Television Wisely
These workshops can be tailored for parents of infant and toddlers (up to age 4), parents of young children (up to age 10) and parents of adolescents (pre-teen years).
EPIC is pleased to invite schools, social service agencies, community centers and churches to call 716-332-4115 to schedule an EPIC parenting workshop or a series of workshops. These will be offered free of charge, based on availability for a limited time (through 2018).
Additionally, EPIC will host workshops at its 1000 Main Street, Buffalo location throughout the year. The following is a 4-week program that is coming up:
Just for Teens Workshop Series for pregnant and parenting teenagers providing information, resources and support to build confidence in our community’s youngest mothers and fathers. The program runs March 20th, March 27th, April 3rd and April 10th from 5pm – 6:15pm. Those attending all four workshops will receive a $30 gift card. Call 332-4193 or go to www.epicforchildren.org to register.
For more information about EPIC and its programs, please contact Kristin Scholz at 716-332-4130 or email email@example.com.