EPIC's 4th Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade Celebration
On Sunday, March 19, EPIC - Every Person Influences Children - will be hosting its 4th Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade Celebration at the Mansion on Delaware Avenue, sponsored by Allcare Family Services. Festivities begin at noon and include an afternoon of creative cocktails and hors d' oeuvres while watching the parade from the warmth and comfort of the front parlors of the Mansion. There will also be live entertainment that includes the Clann Na Cara Irish Dancers and bagpipers.
Tickets are required and will go fast. The cost is $100 per ticket ($125 at the door) and can be purchased online or by calling 716-332-4130.
Proceeds from this event benefit EPIC - Every Person Influences Children, Inc., which was established in 1980. Its mission is helping families, schools, and communities raise children to become responsible and capable adults. EPIC was founded out of a tragedy experienced by founder Robert Wilson. In 1977, his wife was murdered by a 15-year-old neighbor, a foster child they had befriended. Investigation of the child's life indicated that he had been abused, neglected, and placed in 11 different foster homes. He had not experienced love; he only knew anger and violence. While it was too late to change what had happened to his wife, Wilson felt that it was not too late for others. In 1980 he established EPIC in Buffalo, New York with a vision of preventing tragedies like his. Today EPIC continues to partner with families, schools, and communities to provide family engagement in education, parenting classes and workshops, and youth services. Some of EPIC's programs include:
- Families in Transition - A parenting education program for families who are facing challenges in their ability to be effective parents, including substance abuse, mental health concerns, domestic violence, or custody issues
- Ready, Set, Parent! - Parenting classes in three age-appropriate areas - Infant and Toddlers, Young Children and Young Adolescents.
- Ready, Set, Read - A family series that emphasizes the parent's opportunity to enhance learning and development and support their child's reading through simple activities, regardless of the parent's education and literacy level.
- Storytime - Literacy lessons based on universally accepted teaching methods incorporated into a number of themed interactive experiences for both parents and their children.
- Just for Teens - A series that gives teen parents the support they need to stay in school, develop life skills, and become effective and confident parents.
For more information about EPIC, please visit www.epicforchildren.org, or email [email protected] or call 716-332-4130.