EPIC Receives Wegmans Grant
EPIC Receives $6,360 for Nutritional Program for Parents from Wegmans
Buffalo, NY – February 28, 2018, EPIC – Every Person Influences Children, Inc. recently received a $6,360 grant from Wegmans to continue providing nutritional education as part of its parenting curriculum for parents and families enrolled in the following programs:
- Families in Transition (FIT) – Parenting classes for families facing challenges such as substance abuse, mental health concerns, domestic violence, or custody issues that hinder their ability to be effective parents.
- One-on-One Parent Coaching – Special one-on-one parenting assistance to our most at-risk and hard-to-reach parents.
- Incredible Years - Incredible Years, an evidence-based program, is an 8-week, 2-hour program for parents of children 0 -12 months old, designed to promote emotional and social competence and to prevent and reduce aggression and emotional problems in these children in the future.
- Just for Teens – Parenting and life skills program for pregnant and parenting teens that fosters social-emotional development, self-esteem, and parenting skills.
- Ready, Set, Parent – A research-based parent education program developed to make parenting a positive experience and prepare children for school success. EPIC offers Ready, Set, Parent! curriculum for parents of infants, young children and adolescents.
- Family Storytime Literacy – A program is for families (parents and children) focused on developing literacy skills, incorporating lessons based on universally accepted teaching methods into a number of themed interactive experiences.
This is the fourth consecutive year that Wegmans has supported this effort. Thanks to the support of Wegmans, throughout the next year, 350 families will participate in EPIC programming that addresses food safety and healthy eating.
"We know that it’s sometimes challenging to plan, shop for, and cook healthy meals under the best of circumstances. For high-risk parents, this can be a huge task. Wegmans is proud to support the work of EPIC, in its nutritional and parenting skills programming." Michele Mehaffy, Buffalo Consumer Affairs Manager for Wegmans Food Markets.
To learn more about EPIC and its parenting programs, please call 716-332-4130 or email [email protected]