EPIC Receives Donation from State Farm
State Farm Donates $7,780 for EPIC Car Seat Program
Buffalo, NY, February 28, 2018 - EPIC - Every Person Influences Children – is thrilled to announce that it has received $7,780 from State Farm. This donation will fund various EPIC car seat safety events in 2018. These events will include a car seat safety class, a car seat safety checking station, and the replacement of any damaged, recalled or expired car seats, as well as the distribution of car seats to those who don’t even have one for their child(ren).
“Our goal at State Farm is to help create safer, strong, better educated communities,” said State Farm Public Affairs Specialist Jennifer Young. “EPIC’s mission is to help parents properly and safely fit their children in car seats. We are proud to support their efforts.”
The following are dates and places that EPIC will be providing its car seat safety program thanks to funding from State Farm, as well as General Motors and Kelly for Kids:
- St. Martin de Porres (555 Northhampton St., Buffalo) – May 19 (time TBD)
- 4th Annual Bailey Green Days (Wende St., between E. Ferry and Genesee) – June 23, 11am-4pm
- Ken-Ton Car Seat Event (at the former Kenmore Middle School on Delaware Rd.) – July 21, 9am – 12pm
- EPIC’s Annual Car Seat Event (1000 Main St., Buffalo) – August 11, 9am – 12pm
- Lackawanna Community Fun Days (Lackawanna Public Library, 560 Ridge Rd., Lackawanna) – August 24, 10am – 2pm
Over the years EPIC has witnessed the incredible need for safe care seats and car seat education to our most vulnerable parents. Many of the parents EPIC serves are economically disadvantaged and cannot afford a safe car seat and usually purchase their car seats off of Craig’s List or at a garage sale or even worse, they pull them out of a dumpster. Other parents EPIC works with, come from other countries and are unaware of the importance of using a car seat and how to properly install them.
Thanks to the generosity of the State Farm, EPIC will be able to help several families throughout the community, by not only providing them with new and safe car seats, but with the education they need to make sure that they are installing the seats correctly AND using them the right way every time.