Dynamic Group Facilitation Training
Target Audience: Anyone who works with adults in a group setting
Training Design: This 7-hour training will provide an interactive and fun learning environment to give you the knowledge and skills you need to run any group effectively.
Where and When: Thursday, October 17, 2019 from 9am - 4pm at EPIC - Every Person Influences Children, 1000 Main St, Buffalo NY. (Sign in and light breakfast begin at 8:30AM).
- Define group facilitation
- Understand the importance of establishing group guidelines to ensure group effectiveness
- Understand and analyze the facilitator qualities that contribute to group success
- Understand the elements needed for successful group
- Determine the task and qualities of an effective facilitator
- Discuss considerations for when you have a co-facilitator
- Identify and analyze basic group work methods
- Determine the most effective way to give group directions
- Define and practice basic communication skills used in a group
- Understand and practice the management of challenging participant behaviors
- Practice dividing participants into subgroups